Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mommy's Princess

I sure jinxed us last week! Dutch & I were discussing how well things have been going with Cooper's sitter Amy. He seems to always be smiling when we drop him off & when we pick him up. He seems to love the other kids that Amy sits too. Such a relief! I made the mistake though of also commenting on how Cooper has come home in the same clothes every day. This surprised me seeing I know how frequently Cooper has a "blowout", which typically requires a change of clothes. I thought maybe Amy had some secret to putting Cooper's diaper on to prevent the leakage!?

That proved not to be the case seeing the very next day Cooper came home in a spare set of clothes! The bad thing is that night I forgot to replace that set of spare clothes in Cooper's diaper bag. I typically keep 2 in there. And the very next day...he had 2 blowouts! Amy only had one set of spare clothes so she got desperate after the 2nd incident. All of her own kids are older so it's not like she has a lot of extra baby clothes around her house. However, she managed to find a t-shirt that got left from a kid she used to babysit. The entertaining part is that it was a little girl's t-shirt. And what did it say on it....

MOMMY'S PRINCESS!

To say the least, Dutch & I got a good laugh out of it when Cooper came home. He was just wearing his diaper & the t-shirt. He was all smiles too. So oblivious to what his shirt said! At least it wasn't pink! And as you would all imagine, Dutch was sure to quickly change him once we got him out of his car seat. And Cooper now has 3 spare sets of clothes in his diaper bag. Just in case! ;)

2 comments:

  1. that is so funny! but it is a pretty manly princess t-shirt ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! Shhhh, don't tell Dutch, but I think he makes a pretty girl or boy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete